qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: slow japanese font rendering

Subject: Re: slow japanese font rendering
From: "Benjamin Sergeant"
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:31:52 -0400
On 6/15/07, Dimitri <dimitri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

> Looks like freetype works in concert with fontconfig.
> Those sources are inside the Qt tarball, but configure -v with
> fontconfig fails.

Maybe configure is catching some other version of Freetype, already installed
on your system.

That might be it:

[bsergean@scratchy ~]$ ls /usr/local/include/freetype2/
freetype
[bsergean@scratchy ~]$ ls /usr/local/include/fontconfig/
fcfreetype.h  fcprivate.h   fontconfig.h

I can give it another try after moving /usr/local to another hidden
place and hoping that I don't screw my system ... :) (I already did
that).

> [...]
> FontConfig auto-detection... ()
> CC -c -O2  -I../../../mkspecs/solaris-cc -I.
> -I/usr/openwin/share/include -I. -I/usr/sfw/include -o fontconfig.o
> fontconfig.cpp

How do you configure Qt? Are you specifying something like the following?
        ./configure -I/usr/sfw/include ...
Where does this "/usr/sfw/include" come from? Is some other version of
Freetype installed in /usr/sfw?

Nope.

[bsergean@scratchy ~]$ ls /usr/sfw/
bin  lib