qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: graphicsview moving items on the scene

Subject: Re: graphicsview moving items on the scene
From: Dave Smith
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:05:05 -0600
Przemysław Staniszewski wrote:
Hello there.

I was writing visual editor in Qt 3.x but after read about Qt4.x features (with graphics view) i decided to upgrade my code. Unfortunately I'm quite newbie in Qt graphics system. Now I have my application ported to Qt4 by after porting canvas view to graphics view system I'm not able to move my graphics item over the scene. Under Qt3.x I had code which take care about moving items with all children if there any. I don't know, are children able to be moved after mousePressEvent and MoseMoveEvent by default without any code?

Yes, see the QGraphicsItem flags: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qgraphicsitem.html#GraphicsItemFlag-enum

Specifically, look at the ItemIsMovable flag that allows users to drag items without any code.

--Dave