qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: class in a QList

Subject: Re: class in a QList
From: Andreas Pakulat
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 12:05:38 +0200
On 09.10.06 11:25:17, Robin Ericsson wrote:
> I'd like to have a list containing pointers to C++ classes from which
> I can iterate and create instances of these classes.

<disclaimer>I'm not a C++ guru</disclaimer

I don't think that is possible, I've never seen any hint that one can
have pointers to classes.

However there's a way around, you could use factory methods which create
a new instance of a certain class for you and return a pointer to that
instance. Then you can create a QList of pointers to these methods.

Andreas

--
You are scrupulously honest, frank, and straightforward.  Therefore you
have few friends.