qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: [Qt 4.2] Creating a custom QGLWidget in the designer

Subject: Re: [Qt 4.2] Creating a custom QGLWidget in the designer
From: Karl Merkley
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:11:31 -0600

On Oct 17, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Karl Merkley wrote:

I have a class derived from QGLWidget that I want to insert as a custom widget using the Designer. How do I do this? I used to do this all the time in Qt 3 and it was the easiest way introduce students to the concepts.

I tried creating a QFrame in the designer and promoting the frame to a custom widget but then I get compile errors about missing necessary methods in QFrame. I then tried modifying my class to derive from both QGLWidget and QFrame but then I get compile errors about methods being multiply defined.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

      Karl

I'll answer my own question. It works if I use a QWidget instead for the base class and promote the QWidget. Now, I'd like to know why doesn't the MS project get the OpenGL32.lib and the glu32.lib's added directly into the build? It does get the QGL library stuff but not the base OS libs. It seems that I had this problem before in Qt 3.2.1 but it was fixed later. I may not be remembering this correctly though.

    Karl