qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: [Designer] Set a Widget's layout

Subject: Re: [Designer] Set a Widget's layout
From: Andreas Pakulat
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 22:12:41 +0200
On 14.10.06 13:16:28, Glen van de Mosselaer wrote:
> You should add the widgets you like to the window, select them, and then
> click a layout toolbar button to add your widgets to a layout and set it on
> the window.

That's not quite right. If you have your top-window and a couple of
widgets or layouts on it you click on an empty space on the top-window
and then select a layout toolbutton. Else you again have a layout on the
top-window which is not fixed to the window, i.e. resizing the window
doesn't resize the layout.

> The draggable layout objects are there so that you can
> subsequently add layouts in parent layouts (as in QLayout::addLayout()).

I can do that by using the toolbar button as well, after selecting the 2
layouts.

Oh, btw: This is with Qt4 not Qt3 designer, I don't use the latter that
often.

Andreas

--
You need more time; and you probably always will.