qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: Qt with VTK error-MSVCP80.dll not found

Subject: Re: Qt with VTK error-MSVCP80.dll not found
From: Jan-Arve Sæther
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:14:38 +0200
Sure.
If you have VS2005, type 'depends' <executable to examine> on the command line.

You can also download it from http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Jan-Arve

Ashish Singh wrote:
Thanks for replying Jan. Can you please tell me how to get that dependency output you were talking about?

Thanks,
Ashish

On 10/12/06, *Jan-Arve Sæther * <jasaethe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jasaethe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Which DLL/EXE fails to find MSVCP80.DLL?
    (A dependency output would have been nice)

    It sounds like a problem with manifests, which was introduced (and more
    or less required in Visual Studio 2005)

    For more info on manifest files you can start off here:

    Jan- Arve Sæther  -  jasaethe [at] trolltech [dot] com
    Trolltech AS -  Sandakerveien 116 - PO Box 4332 Nydalen - 0402 Oslo,
    Norway

    Ashish Singh wrote:
> [...]
     >
     > The examples compile and build fine, but when I run them, I get the
     > above error.
     > Can anyone please tell me what is going wrong here? I am working
    with Qt
     > 4.1.4 and VTK 5.0.2 on windows XP platform.
     >
     > Thanks,
     > Ashish
     >
     > On 10/10/06, *Clinton Stimpson* < clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     > <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:
     >

     >     If you want to build VTK with support for Qt, you need to
    install Qt
     >     first.  VTK doesn't come with Qt, but instead, it comes with the
     >     QVTKWidget, a Qt QWidget with a VTK rendering area.
     >
     >     If you put your Qt4.1.4/bin directory in your PATH, so that
    your desired
     >     qmake is found correctly, then CMake should find and setup
    all the Qt
     >     stuff for you correctly when you configure VTK with Qt.
     >     If not, you can help it along by adjusting the CMake
    variables that
     >     start with QT_
     >
     >     Clint
     >
     >     Ashish Singh wrote:
     >      > Thanks Clint. Is there any order in which the installation
    should
     >     go?
     >      > I had these options turned on, but I installed Qt only a
    few days
     >      > back, while I had VTK for months now. In other words, should I
     >     already
     >      > have Qt installed when building VTK?
     >      > Also what are the Qt settings that you are saying, should be
     >     correct?
     >      >
     >      > Thanks,
     >      > Ashish
     >      >
     >      > On 10/10/06, *clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <mailto: clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
     >     <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>>*
     >      > < clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
     >     <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>>> wrote:
     >      >
     >      >     On Tuesday 10 October 2006 5:05 pm, Ashish Singh wrote:
     >      >     > Hi,
     >      >     >
     >      >     > I want to use Qt to make a UI for my VTK application
    on windows
     >      >     platform. I
     >      >     > have VTK 5.0 and Qt 4.1.4 installed and running on
    my system,
     >      >     but don't
     >      >     > know how to use them together. Has anyone used Qt
    with VTK?
     >     Do I
     >      >     have to do
     >      >     > any special configuration for that? How does the
    VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT.  Then turn on

    --
    Jan- Arve Sæther  -  jasaethe [at] trolltech [dot] com
    Trolltech AS -  Sandakerveien 116 - PO Box 4332 Nydalen - 0402 Oslo,
    Norway

Jan- Arve Sæther,
Trolltech ASA