qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: 32bit RGB RAW to QImage

Subject: Re: 32bit RGB RAW to QImage
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:42:50 -0400 EDT
--snip--

> I would guess that you'd have to find out the RAW format that the
> manufacturer uses, and write a plug-in yourself. I have no idea if there's
> header block that describes the format.
>
> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.1/qpictureformatplugin.html

Yes, a plugin, but a QImageIOPlugin would be more approproiate.  I think
QPicture is for vector formats.

Luckily Trolltech has written about this exact topic in last quarter's Qt
Quarterly:

http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq17-imageio.html

In fact they use an RGBA format for an example :) Good luck with the
header too, you might have to extent that tvb class to tag a unique header
on to the frame data...

--Justin