qt-interest@trolltech.com

OT: Netiquette (was: RE: Using a variable in QSqlQuery)

Subject: OT: Netiquette was: RE: Using a variable in QSqlQuery
From: <>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:19:35 +0200
Ok, maybe I am too lazy to remove all of the post I got and just hit the reply
button and maybe I even write on top with full quotes.
And yes, I included you in my "To" line on purpose.

But if you want to flame someone you should really take a good look at the post
the reply is about beforehand (not that difficult if it is included - is it)
and especially for you I will _only post the interesting part_ of the former
messages:

>>     QString login_benutzer;
>>     login_benutzer = lineEdit1->text();
> What about something like > QSqlQuery query( QString("SELECT passwort FROM
> test WHERE Name='%1'").arg(lineEdit1->text())); Some escaping is missing
> here. What happened if the user entered ' ; DROP TABLE test ; SELECT '
> (including the "'") as a name?

_That_ username I was referring to. eno could be called "wrzlbrmft" - I would
never even question the motive, nevertheless the name.

I hope that you will stand aside from these unqualified mails and read posts
more carefully in the future

with no regards,
Michael Soukup

Brett.Kopf.LesenLernen