qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: Why does this code crash when window 2 is closed?

Subject: Re: Why does this code crash when window 2 is closed?
From: Guido Seifert
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 12:13:58 +0200
On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 11:58:38AM +0200, Dimitri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >Yes, I do this now. Nevertheless, it does not explain, why the other
> >code crashes.
>
> Which other code? I can't find which thread this message relates to.

The short program I posted in the thread start. The one with the
'delete(this)' in the closeEvent. Andreas Richter told me to use
setAttribute( Qt::WA_DeleteOnClose, true );, which is correct and works
fine, but I am just curious if I initially did something illegal or only
something stupid.

Btw. I found something, which looks related to what I did in my
program in the change log of Qt 4.1.4:

- QWidget
        Fixed crash when deleting the widget in closeEvent().

Could it be that this or a similar problem is still present? I am using
4.1.4 on Linux 64 bit.

Regards,
Guido