qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: Visual Studio (VS) IDE - newbie questions

Subject: Re: Visual Studio (VS) IDE - newbie questions
From: "Duane Hebert"
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 13:30:28 -0400
"Jeff Lacki" <jeep@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:20060508164453.D1321BE8C4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> 1.  Is MingW what I *need* to use to compile on windows
> or are there other compiler(s) I should/can use?  Suggestions
> welcome.

You need the compiler that comes with Visual Studio
(whichever version you have) and a commercial license
for Qt/Windows.  I don't know of anyone using MingW as
a compiler under MSVC.  It maybe be possible but I
have no clue.

> 2.  When I startup VS, which project type do I choose to
> start the project?

Assuming you have the win commercial license, you
install the integration package and choose a Qt project
to start.