[Top] [All Lists]

Re: SEGV in QApplication::translate()

Subject: Re: SEGV in QApplication::translate()
From: "Larry Martell"
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 16:27:15 -0600
On 5/12/06, Brad Hards <bradh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 11 May 2006 09:33 am, Larry Martell wrote:
> Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could have done to introduce
> this problem, and what I can do to fix it?

If the code you started with is now crashing, and you haven't done anything
except recompile and link it, then it seems most likely to be a problem with
the build environment.

I made a copy of the project's dirs and I modified the copy. The
original still works, even if I rebuild it. It's the copy that
crashes, even though I've backed out all the changes I made.

Are you sure you are linking to compatible (i.e. Qt3) libraries?

I only have Qt3 installed.

What does ldd show for your application?

       linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
       libgpibapi.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libgpibapi.so.2 (0x40029000)
       libqt-mt.so.3 => /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 (0x40088000)
       libXext.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x40778000)
       libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x40786000)
       libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 (0x40853000)
       libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x40864000)
       libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/libm.so.6 (0x40936000)
       libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x40959000)
       libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x40962000)
       libnipalu.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libnipalu.so.1 (0x40a82000)
       libgpibconf.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libgpibconf.so.2 (0x40b16000)
       /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)
       libaudio.so.2 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libaudio.so.2 (0x40b2c000)
       libXt.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6 (0x40b42000)
       libmng.so.1 => /usr/lib/libmng.so.1 (0x40b94000)
       libjpeg.so.62 => /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62 (0x40bf4000)
       libpng.so.3 => /usr/lib/libpng.so.3 (0x40c14000)
       libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0x40c3a000)
       libXrender.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0x40c4b000)
       libXrandr.so.2 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrandr.so.2 (0x40c53000)
       libXcursor.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXcursor.so.1 (0x40c57000)
       libXinerama.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.so.1 (0x40c60000)
       libXft.so.2 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so.2 (0x40c64000)
       libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0x40c77000)
       libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0x40ce3000)
       libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x40d0e000)
       libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x40d17000)
       libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x40d2f000)
       librt.so.1 => /lib/tls/librt.so.1 (0x40d33000)
       liblcms.so.1 => /usr/lib/liblcms.so.1 (0x40d47000)
       libexpat.so.0 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0 (0x40d76000)

If that isn't it, I don't know. Perhaps some existing bug in the code that
didn't get triggered with some other compiler or library version. It is
almost impossible to tell without seeing the code and understanding the build

I am going to diff all the files in the original and new dirs and see
what that reveals.


To unsubscribe - send a mail to qt-interest-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 
"unsubscribe" in the subject or the body.
List archive and information: http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>