qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: SEGV in QApplication::translate()

Subject: Re: SEGV in QApplication::translate()
From: "Larry Martell"
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 17:24:07 -0600
On 5/14/06, Larry Martell <larry.martell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/12/06, Brad Hards <bradh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thursday 11 May 2006 09:33 am, Larry Martell wrote:
> > Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could have done to introduce
> > this problem, and what I can do to fix it?

> If the code you started with is now crashing, and you haven't done anything
> except recompile and link it, then it seems most likely to be a problem with
> the build environment.

I made a copy of the project's dirs and I modified the copy. The
original still works, even if I rebuild it. It's the copy that
crashes, even though I've backed out all the changes I made.

I am going to diff all the files in the original and new dirs and see
what that reveals.

I found the issue and got this going, but I'm not sure I understand it 100%.

In the original dir, mainform.h is a link to .ui/mainform.h. When I
copied everything to a new dir, mainform.h became a regular file, and
was no longer linked to .ui/mainform.h. Both main.cpp and
mainform.ui.h include mainform.h (not .ui/mainform.h). When the
project is built .ui/mainform.h gets generated by uic, but the
mainform.h in the top level dir is not. When I deleted mainform.h and
recreated it as a link to .ui/mainform.h the crash went away. I've
never had an issue like this before, and now I'm wondering how it's
supposed to be. Should I be including mainform.h or .ui/mainform.h?
Should these be linked? Should there be a mainform.h in both the top
level dir and in .ui?

-larry