qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: [editres] for Qt?

Subject: Re: [editres] for Qt?
From: Tim Dewhirst
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:38:50 +0000
Hi,

J S wrote:
Hello everyone, I know that someone must have asked about this. I am
having trouble finding anything that could access Qt widgets in an
application. Something like what "editres" is for X11. Does such a
program exist?

I think either KDExecutor or Squish can do something like this (please correct me if I'm wrong...)

Failing that, perhaps you could use a function intercept/preload trick to get the necessary information? I haven't tried this, but I imagine that if you intercepted the call to, say, QApplication::exec(), and dumped the widget tree at that point that may give you what you want.

http://lattice.umiacs.umd.edu/files/functions_tr.pdf

Again, I haven't tried this, but it may work.

Tim