qt-interest@trolltech.com

Transparent widget in Qt 4

Subject: Transparent widget in Qt 4
From: Falko Buttler
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:23:44 +0100
Hi there!

In the documentation if Qt 4.1 or 4.0.1 stands that Qt support semi-transparent widgets. Has someone an example how to do this? I searched with google etc. but I don`t find a functional example.
I am trying the following:

I have a QAxWidget and I want to put a transparent widget above it which receives all events (mouse and key). This layer forwards the events to the AxWidget and my own controller.

Some ideas?

I have tried a lot without success like:
- setWindowOpacity( 0.0);
- setAttribute( Qt::WA_OpaquePaintEvent );
- setBackgroundRole(QPalette::NoRole);
- QPalette p = palette(); p.setBrush(QPalette::Base, QColor(0, 0, 0, 127)); setPalette(p);
- setPalette(QPalette(Qt::transparent));

Nothing works....
It is depressing...

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Falko