qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: Link Error LNK2019 with MSVC 2003

Subject: Re: Link Error LNK2019 with MSVC 2003
From: Matthieu Brucher
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 10:04:32 +0100
åèå wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Morten O. Hansen [mailto:moh@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 2:58 PM
To: qt-interest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Monday 05 December 2005 06:42, åèå wrote:

Dear all,

I know this issue would be old and stale to you. But I am new on Qt, would you please tell me what is the problem for piles of error LNK2001 with MSVC.NET 2003? I have added the Qt directories to the IDE but they don't seem to work.

LNK2001 means 'unresolved external symbol' according to google. Did you
remember to moc the source file?

Googling for 'msvc qt LNK2001' gave me lots of hits.

--
Morten O. Hansen

Thanks for your reply Morten. Yes the LNK2001 means 'unresolved external symbol'. I had a look in the Qt library, seems that the moc files are generated by running mingw32-make to the project. But I couldn't find the tool to generate these files by hand. Would you please tell me how to moc the source file? I am using the Qt open source edition.
Thomas, Yunxia Liu

You have to compile Qt with VS to use it, it was said several dozen times why and how to do this on the mailing list.

Matthieu