qt-interest@trolltech.com

UNICODE and _UNICODE defines

Subject: UNICODE and _UNICODE defines
From: "Schumacher, Gordon"
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:20:48 -0700
I was curious if there is a reason that QMake does not, by default, define
both UNICODE *and* _UNICODE on Win32.  A short explanation of the
difference here (I had to look it up myself):

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/02/12/71851.aspx

I would think that if you're enabling Unicode for your application, you'd
want MS's "compatibility layer" to map to Unicode as well, wouldn't you?

(Yes, I realize that you "should" be using Qt's QString.  But there are
times that you have to interface with non-Qt code, and I spend a fair bit
of time in those circumstances...)