qt-interest@trolltech.com

open window on different screen in multi-head configuration?

Subject: open window on different screen in multi-head configuration?
From: Markus Grabner
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:40:55 +0200
        Hi!

In Qt3, I could open a window on a different screen in a multi-head
configuration with a command like this:

        new QWidget(qApp->desktop()->screen(1));

In Qt4, the same code compiles without errors or warnings, but when I try to
draw anything on such a widget, there is no graphics output, instead the
following XWindows error is reported on the console:

X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
  Resource id:  0x0

Any ideas how to solve this problem? Or is there an entirely different
(recommended) way to create windows on a screen other than the
application's primary screen?

        Thanks,
                Markus

--
Markus Grabner - Computer Graphics and Vision
Graz University of Technology, Inffeldgasse 16/II, 8010 Graz, Austria