qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: QSockets

Subject: Re: QSockets
From: "Harsimrat Thukral"
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:51:42 -0500
There would be total 6 computers in the Network....

1) We have a topology which have information of the IP addresses and which
computer gets connected to which, something along these lines.....

Node1IpAddress    Node2IpAddress    Capacity
192.168.107.156   192.168.107.248   10
192.168.107.248   192.168.107.35    20
192.168.107.35   192.168.107.64    15
192.168.107.64   192.168.107.88    20
192.168.107.88   192.168.107.117   10
192.168.107.117   192.168.107.156   30
192.168.107.117   192.168.107.64    25
192.168.107.248   192.168.107.117   18
192.168.107.35   192.168.107.88    10
192.168.107.35   192.168.107.156   20
192.168.107.35   192.168.107.117   30

Basically these are the real IP addresses of the the computers........

Suppose I bring up the application on 192.168.107.156---- it is supplied
with the Topology above ..... Now this guy knows he is connected to
192.168.107.248, he checks that if that program is up, if yes try to pass
the topology to that guy, if down keep checking his neighbours and as soon
as they come up pass the Topology. Now topology is passed 192.168.107.48, it
will start checking its neighbours and pass so on, once the complete network
is up all Nodes should be synchronised with the same information...........

Now I do some computations on 192.168.107.156, the original topology is
changed so I want that that new Topology is passed on the Network through
the above mentioned way and all the nodes are synchronised again, some Hello
Packet kind of thing is sent maybe every 30 secs.........

Please suggest what is the best way to do it. I m using QT to do everything
so wanted to use QSockets to do this part also..........

Thank You
Harsimrat