Re: QSockets

Subject: Re: QSockets
From: "Harsimrat Thukral"
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:51:42 -0500
There would be total 6 computers in the Network....

1) We have a topology which have information of the IP addresses and which
computer gets connected to which, something along these lines.....

Node1IpAddress    Node2IpAddress    Capacity   10    20    15    20   10   30    25   18    10   20   30

Basically these are the real IP addresses of the the computers........

Suppose I bring up the application on it is supplied
with the Topology above ..... Now this guy knows he is connected to, he checks that if that program is up, if yes try to pass
the topology to that guy, if down keep checking his neighbours and as soon
as they come up pass the Topology. Now topology is passed, it
will start checking its neighbours and pass so on, once the complete network
is up all Nodes should be synchronised with the same information...........

Now I do some computations on, the original topology is
changed so I want that that new Topology is passed on the Network through
the above mentioned way and all the nodes are synchronised again, some Hello
Packet kind of thing is sent maybe every 30 secs.........

Please suggest what is the best way to do it. I m using QT to do everything
so wanted to use QSockets to do this part also..........

Thank You