qt-interest@trolltech.com

Qt movie player widget/plugin proposition

Subject: Qt movie player widget/plugin proposition
From: Jacek Dylak
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 10:30:51 +0100
Hello all,

There have been several mails recently on this list regarding the possiblity
of playing movies within the Qt app.

Last Friday over few hours I have developed the small Qt app for my own needs
which plays movie on windows xp using the DirectShow capabilities. The movie
window is placed inside QFrame widget (no additional windows or activex
components required). I have also implemented basic navigation capabilites
(some of them more advanced then in the Media Player 10 :)

The proposition is to create the plugin or class or library which will
encapsulate the movie player in the separate widget (or plugin) easy to use
in any Qt application. On windows this can be done using the DirectShow what
is quite easy. On Linux SDL library can be used together with some multimedia
library (ffmpeg possibly?). I can do this in my free time but some help,
especially with linux multimedia library, would be kindly welcome. Developers
willing to take part in this small project are also welcome. I plan to make
it open source (with GPL licence possibly).

On this stage any functionality requests, implementation approaches,
multimedia libraries hints are welcome.

But maybe there is already something like that? Please let me know.

Best regards,
Jacek