qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: Translation on the fly

Subject: Re: Translation on the fly
From: Bo Thorsen
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:43:03 +0100
Fredag den 18. februar 2005 16:08 skrev Dmitrii Dimandt:
> Ok, one possible answer was found here:
> http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq08-swedish-chef-sequel.html and, I
> guess, nothing can be done about it, really

The application I'm currently working on also needs this.

There is a way to change Qt to do this dynamically - the tr should then be
changed from an immediate translation, to a saved translation which
always holds the original string. So when the user changes the language,
it can actually re-translate the string.

However, I think there are too few applications out there that does want
to switch on the fly, to justify the added overhead of this. So I just
live with having to code my way around it, and won't really consider
asking the trolls for an implementation of this.

Bo.

--

Thorsen Consulting ApS - Qt programming services
http://www.thorsen-consulting.dk