qt-interest@trolltech.com

Translation on the fly

Subject: Translation on the fly
From: Dmitrii Dimandt
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:00:32 +0200
Hi. There was a post way back in 2003 that I was able to find:
http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2003-08/thread01237-0.html

It also regarded translation of strings in the application on the fly.

The specifics of the application I am now working on require including
the ability to switch between languages while the application is
running.

However, here's what it says in the documentation for QTranslator:
"Note that the translator must be created before the application's
main window."

I hve an idea of what could be done, as I have done it before for
Delphi, but that clearly includes too much extra redundant work.

Is there an easy way to switch an application's interface language on
the fly, or one must invoke his best vodoo skills to make it work?

If such a way does not exist, I would be grateful if you could share
your ideas on what can be done.

Thank you.