qt-interest@trolltech.com

QGLContext::generateFontDisplayLists

Subject: QGLContext::generateFontDisplayLists
From: "John Furr"
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:36:26 -0500
I am trying to port on QGL app from linux to windows.  The user is allowed
to select an object and then display
 a label next to the object.  In Linux the code works like this:

QFont serifFont( "Times", 12, QFont::Bold);
a.setFont(serifFont);
renderText(x, y, z, "some string", serifFont);

It is interesting to note that it took some serious fanagaling to get the
renderText() function to work in linux.
Most of us linux people are well aware of the font issues.  When I started
the port to windows I just assumed that
this part would be the no-brainer....but!

I get the following error messages depending on which type of font I use.
The last error message is using the default application
fonts.

QGLContext::generateFontDisplayLists: Could not generate display lists for
font 'Helvetica [Cronyx]'
QGLContext::generateFontDisplayLists: Could not generate display lists for
font 'Times'
QGLContext::generateFontDisplayLists: Could not generate display lists for
font 'MS Shell Dlg'

QFont sansFont( "Helvetica [Cronyx]", 11, QFont::Bold);

I have also tried using this version of the renderText()....which uses the
default application font.
renderText(x, y, z, "some string");

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

BTW I am using visual studio .net 2003.

John Furr