qt-interest@trolltech.com

Re: Changing Alignment of QTableItem with Localized Number format

Subject: Re: Changing Alignment of QTableItem with Localized Number format
From: Bulent Oktem
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:14:22 +0300

> I see, but QTableItem is trying to interpret strings in the current

> locale. In the US locale "100,000" is a number and "100000" is not.

> Which number is prettier by the way?

100,000 is prettier for sure, but i would expect 100000 to be a number as well.If 100000 is not a number shouldn't QString::number produce localized output? I am using %L trick to achieve it.

> Mmmh... toInt() is supposed to be formatting number according to the

> locale. At least the source code seems to be using the locale. How

> doesn't it work for you? What do you see and what do you expect?

On the contrary to the info above I am getting 100000 right aligned (reognized as number) and 100,000 left aligned (recognized as text).

My locales shouldnt be a problem cause i am using %L to produce formatting.

And I am expecting both of them right aligned as they are numbers to me ;).