qt-embedded-interest@trolltech.com

Re: [Qt-embedded-interest] cross-compiling Qt application for ARM board

Subject: Re: [Qt-embedded-interest] cross-compiling Qt application for ARM board
From: Amit Pundir
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 18:01:26 +0530
1. Get the ARM cross-compiler from here.
http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/lite/arm/portal/release1039

2. Set the CC, CXX, INCLUDE and LIB variables in mkspecs/linux-arm-g++/qmake.conf specific to your build machine.

3. ./configure --prefix=/opt/qt -platform qws/linux-x86-g++ -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++ -arch arm -embedded arm

4. make

5. make INSTALL_ROOT=<your_rootfs> install

regards,
Amit Pundir

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:41 PM, khanh le <khanhqh2008i@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey,
I will tell you specific my problem and what I want to achieve:
1. I use SmartQ 7 with ARM processor
2. I want to run a Qt program on SmartQ(example: run a simple project "hello world" as on PC )
3. I want cross-compiler Qt for ARM processor
After these have finished, I can run a Qt program on Board from command line as on PC($qmake project, $make, $./project)
Therefore, I need you point out a specific method for me to solve this problem.
Thanks!

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Amit Pundir <pundiramit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://tiexpressdsp.com/index.php/Building_Qt or
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/11/20/building-qt-to-make-use-of-the-beagle-boards-sgx-gpu/

These instructions are specific to TI's OMAP3(ARM based platform) but are generic enough to be used on any ARM platform.
Set the INCLUDE and LIB paths in qmake.conf specific to your build machine.

regards,
Amit Pundir

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:04 AM, khanh le <khanhqh2008i@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anyone who can help me in this problem?
Now, I really need a way to achieve this.
Thanks a lot!

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 6:36 PM, khanh le <khanhqh2008i@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi you,
Now I need an instruction for cross-compiling Qt application for ARM board.
Thereby, I would like someone who can tell me the specific instruction to do this.
Thanks a lot!

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Niamathullah sharief <armsharief@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
first tell the steps which you tried. So that we can see what make you wrong.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Markus Franke <Franke.M@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/developing-with-qt.html

qt-embedded-interest-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 02.02.2010 05:55:05:

> Dear everyone,
> I have a problem which is cross-compiling Qt application for ARM board.
> So, I need your help. I tried doing this by Qt/Embedded and Qtopia, but
> not successful.
> If you know how to do this, please tell me.
> I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.
> Thanks a lot!

> ---
> Regards!
> Khanh._______________________________________________
> Qt-embedded-interest mailing list
> Qt-embedded-interest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary,
or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from
disclosing, distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy and delete any copies you may have
received."

Regards!
Khanh
University of Engineering and Technology
VietNam National University, HaNoi