qt-embedded-interest@trolltech.com

[Qt-embedded-interest] start with &, lock up console when using Linux fr

Subject: [Qt-embedded-interest] start with &, lock up console when using Linux framebuffer
From: "Wade Hampton"
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:38:56 -0500
I am using the Linux framebuffer for my QT embedded projects.  Love it
and it typically works well, however if I start the application with &
to put in the background, I lock up the console.  Even if I kill it
via SSH, I can't reset the console, the keys don't work, and I am
stuck rebooting the machine.  Yes, I know, don't start with &, but
when testing, we are creatures of habit and make mistakes -- yet there
should be a way to recover.

For example:
   ./app1 -qws &      <-- locks up my console and I have to reboot...

Any help would be most appreciated and this is my first QT embedded post.....

Cheers,
--
Wade Hampton