qemu-devel@nongnu.org

Re: [Qemu-devel] linux-user exception handling

Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] linux-user exception handling
From: Vince Weaver
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:30:08 -0400 EDT
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Blue Swirl wrote:

How is that possible, because V9 class CPUs do not have "wim"?

I am running v8plus binaries, which are a horrible mix of v8 and v9 code.

But you are right, "wim" was deleted for v9. The reason I did the code the way I did was because the restore_window() function was updating the register (even on sparc64).

So I guess the real fix is to implement proper save_window() and restore_window(), and also flush_window(). Then make sure that "ta 3" on v9 calls the proper flush_window() code.

As a temporary workaround though the patch I posted seems to work.

Vince