qemu-devel@nongnu.org

Re: [Qemu-devel] Split vga module

Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Split vga module
From: MÃrius MontÃn
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:23:51 +0200
Hello, and thank you for your quick answer,

the problem I see is not with the register access (this is done for other devices) but with the graphics side.
I don't understand how VGA device draws the screen, (I guess is done using SDL), and I think this part is too merged with QEMU itself. Is it true?

MÃrius

Blue Swirl wrote:
On 6/25/08, MÃrius MontÃn <marius.monton@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hello all,

 My question is how I can split VGA module in a different process from QEMU.

 I need it in order to simulate a VGA module described in SystemC into QEMU (http://www.greensocs.com/en/projects/QEMUSystemC) where all SystemC stuff runs in other process than QEMU.

 I look at the code, and vga code seems to be too merged with QEMU itself to be splitted.. but, there's any solution?

Interesting. You could try to catch all IO and MMIO towards VGA and
redirect those to the other process with some kind of IPC. You must
change the MMIO area registration, because now the VGA MMIO accesses
are optimised so that no callbacks are involved.

--
MÃrius MontÃn i MaciÃnÂÂ marius.monton@xxxxxxx ÂÂhttp://cephis.uab.es
Hardware Engineer