Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Boot Failure (CDROM boot failure code : 0004)

Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Boot Failure CDROM boot failure code : 0004
From: Brad Campbell
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:25:56 +0400
Jens Axboe wrote:

The dd image should indeed be bootable, but a burned version of the
image will not be. And copying alone will of course not work.

Actually, I rip all my CD's to .iso using dd and I've never had one fail to boot when I burned the
.iso back to a CD. It's a bit for bit copy. Why would it not work?
[email protected]:/media/raid3/isos$ ls *.iso | wc -l
59

Every single image in that directory has been burned to a CD-RW at one point or another and always booted flawlessly. They were _all_ ripped using dd from originals either pressed or burned.
Brad