qemu-devel@nongnu.org

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: What is the current support state for Sparc emulati

Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: What is the current support state for Sparc emulation
From: "Blue Swirl"
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:46:16 +0300
On 7/19/07, spectral@xxxxx <spectral@xxxxx> wrote:
Unhandled Exception 0x00000007
  PC = 0xffd0a55c NPC = 0xffd09374
    Stopping execution

So this is my report, I hope it can be of some use. I'll try to boot sparc
version of OpenSolaris soon and I'l let you know how it went.

Thanks for the report. Exception 7 is unaligned access, support for
detection of unaligned accesses in QEMU was improved recently.

The exception happens inside OpenBIOS:
0xffd0a55c is in lstore (kernel/forth.c:649).
644
645     static void lstore(void)
646     {
647             const u32 *aaddr = (u32 *)cell2pointer(POP());
648             const u32 longval = POP();
649             write_long(aaddr, longval);
650     }

Maybe write_long should handle unaligned addresses?