perl.beginners

Re: OO confusion

Subject: Re: OO confusion
From: Randal L. Schwartz
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:59:34 -0800
Newsgroups: perl.beginners

Rob> I tested the similar

Rob>   my @data = do {
Rob>     open my $fh, '<', $file or die $!;
Rob>     <$fh>;
Rob>   };

Rob> a while ago, but not on v5.10. I will see if I can find time to try it
again.

Ahh, but that's very different.  My suspicion is that both the last-expr
scalar of the block and the $result scalar will share the same single
payload, similar to how:

         $x = $y

doesn't actually copy the *content*... just the scalar wrapper around
the content.

<merlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>