perl.beginners

Re: variable in perl

Subject: Re: variable in perl
From: Paul Johnson
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:19:50 +0200
Newsgroups: perl.beginners

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 03:58:58PM +0100, Rob Dixon wrote:
> Chas. Owens wrote:
> >
> > [...] if for some reason you don't have access to perldoc
>
> Are there any installations of perl that don't include the manual?
>
> Clearly you could be perverse and delete the documentation after an
> installation, but I thought a standard build of perl included it, regardless
> of
> platform.

I understand that many (some/most/all?) linux distributions put the
documentation in a separate package that will not be installed unless
explicitly asked for.

But, of course, anyone actually programming in perl should have the
documentation appropriate to the version of perl they are using to hand.

--
Paul Johnson - paul@xxxxxxxx
http://www.pjcj.net