perl.beginners

Re: combinations

Subject: Re: combinations
From: Randal L. Schwartz
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:02:21 -0700
Newsgroups: perl.beginners

>>>>> ""Mr" == "Mr Shawn H Corey" <shawnhcorey@xxxxxxxx> writes:

"Mr> On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 21:30 -0700, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>> Eh?  My question has *nothing* to do with my solution.  My question
>> has to do with the original question.

"Mr> And my question is why isn't these abilities of glob described in
"Mr> perldoc?

You should treat this "feature" of glob the same way you treat:

    my $foo if 0;

and those stupid:

tricks, as in, it works for now, but I wouldn't promise it in the future.

As in, my answer started with a joke.  Hence the smiley.  But I did have a
puzzling question about this recurring need for "all combinations" and always
stated rather abstractly, without the real-world need backing it up.

<merlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>