opera.mail+news

Re: New Version Shows All Mail, Not Just New

Subject: Re: New Version Shows All Mail, Not Just New
From: yunhai
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 08:12:43 +0800
Newsgroups: opera.mail+news

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 06:48:59 +0800, Paul Bartlett <bartlett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just upgraded to Opera 9.61 a few days ago from 9.25 (on Windows XP
Pro SP3).  Now there is a peculiarity.  If there is some sort of
setting to make this problem go away, I haven't found it yet.

Because at present I am using Opera only as a secondary mail client, I
am not using filters for incoming mail.  When I press Ctrl-K, Opera
downloads new mail (and leaves it on the POP3 server, as I want).  When
I click on the little popup in the lower right corner, what I see is
not just new mail at the bottom highlighted, but all the messages I have
ever saved, hundreds of them.  When I save a message I mark it as Read
and "move" it into a specific view, and the views are more or less OK,
although after the version 9.61 mail conversion some messages were
erroneously showing up in views where I did not put them.  What is the
setting I need so that when I display new unread messages I do not see
every message I have ever saved?

Thanks.

Click "Unread" in Mail panel, then at the toolbar in the Unread page, click "View", choose "Show", unselect "Show Read" entry.

--
Best regards.