opera.mail+news

Re: Mixing mail, RSS and newsgroup messages

Subject: Re: Mixing mail, RSS and newsgroup messages
From: lowlIfe
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:43:23 +0200
Newsgroups: opera.mail+news
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:20:53 +0200, Tim Altman <[email protected]> wrote:
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:54:52 +0200, lowlIfe <[email protected]>
wrote:

9.10 still has this bad habit.

There was a method for re-indexing messages. I read about in this
newsgroup. If someone is so kind to point it out for me I'd be very
grateful. Seems that currently is the only solution.
0) Open opera:about and note the location of your Mail directory
1) Close Opera
2) Back up your Mail directory
3) Delete the lexicon directory in the Mail directory
4) Restart Opera

Thanks. I already found about the trick using a search engine.

Anyway, this is talked about like it's a common and normal thing. Hasn't the time come to take serious measures about it?
Opera really needs a true mail database not thousands of plain text files.
I currently have about 300 filtered mail messages but looking in
<path>\mail\store\ folder I see: 1380 files and 2838 folders. Is this
normal? Am I the only one that considers such implementation a disaster?