opera.mail+news

Re: Newsgroup message won't fetch

Subject: Re: Newsgroup message won't fetch
From: "David W. Hodgins"
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:46:33 -0500
Newsgroups: opera.mail+news
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:15:11 -0500, John H Meyers <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Note that the headers already downloaded from my NNTP server
> seem to be fine, but now that M2 has received and stored the
> headers, it does not seem interested in fetching the message body.

Note from the headers of the message ...

I've seen problems in the past, where a poster had that header,
but a hex 00 in his sig.  Opera would hang trying to download
any messages from that poster. (I got him to fix his sig).

It's possible that opera found an invalid character, and has
marked the message as not having a body available.  You could
try changing the keep local copy, and reset the message number
in the "isp".newsrc file, to force opera to try and redownload
the message.  If you do that with an nntp capture running, you
could at least see if the message contains any non-ascii
characters, as it is stored on your news server.

Regards, Dave Hodgins