opera.mail+news

Connecting IMAP on Zimbra

Subject: Connecting IMAP on Zimbra
From: "Seth Gottlieb"
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:01:30 -0500
Newsgroups: opera.mail+news
I am just starting to use Opera as my mail client and it does not seem to reliably check the server for new messages. Messages come down whenever I make a change to the servers information and when I restart Opera but not when I click the check/send option or on the regular check interval. On the bottom left of the application, it says that I am connected and when I click check/send, it flickers as if it is checking for messages.

Here is the relevant information:

Client: Opera 9.10
Server: Zimbra
Incoming Connection: IMAP over SSL (TLS checked and using port 993) Authentication = Auto
I have Opera set to download message bodies and store local copies.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Other than this, I really like Opera.

Thanks,

Seth