opera.mail+news

no file types in save attachment dialog, file type text forced, extensio

Subject: no file types in save attachment dialog, file type text forced, extension .txt added
From: hansa
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:36:40 +0200
Newsgroups: opera.mail+news
I had a text attachment that did not show as an attachment (inline, probably sent by Thunderbird). To be able to save the attachment which is still not possible in Opera build 8544 when it has "Content-Disposition: inline;" I forwarded the message to myself.

I got the message now with a normal attachment, but the filename was changed to attachment243.txt. When I saved the attachment I got a "save as" dialog that has a file type drop down box, but there are no types there, it is completely empty.

I tried to save the file as "xxxx.dat", but Opera changed the filename to "xxxx.dat.txt". So I cannot set a file type, but Opera forces it to be a text file with extension ".txt", even if I gave a different extension in the filename.

Is this a bug, a feature, or "crashing by design" as Pete Townshend called it once ;) ??

--
hansa is using O9.01 (8544) on Win XP home SP2
Dell laptop Inspiron 8500