opera.mail+news

Re: can't connect to mailserver

Subject: Re: can't connect to mailserver
From: Christian Schneider
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:39:38 +0100
Newsgroups: opera.mail+news
Richard Grevers wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 05:48:38 +1300, Christian Schneider <christianschneider1@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

  3) The POP3 server can't be connected.
It could be you are specifing the name of a SMTP server and there is a different name for the POP3 server, or it may be that there is only a IMAP server, or that POP3 requires SSL and is running on a different port

it is a pop3 server. i took the servername from the helppage of my emailprovider. and thunderbird, for example works with these settings.

ok, do you have a firewall whic is blocking port 110 for Opera? (but not for TB)

on my pc isn't a firewall, but i'm connecting with a proxy with some blocked ports. but i don't think, that this block depents on the programm i use.

by the way... my windows opera has exactly the same problem