opera.mail+news

Re: can't connect to mailserver

Subject: Re: can't connect to mailserver
From: Christian Schneider
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:54:02 +0100
Newsgroups: opera.mail+news
Mervyn Bick wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 02:24:05 +0200, Christian Schneider <christianschneider1@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

when i tell opera to connect to my mail server, nothing happens for a few minutes. Then this message occurs:

Der POP3-Server ist nicht erreichbar. Liegt evtl. ein Netzwerkproblem vor?

the POP3-server can't be reached. May be there is a network problem.

I've had this happen to me a couple of times before and I found that somehow the POP server had become set to localhost. Putting the correct servername back sorted things out. Until the next time!

Mervyn

no, this isn't the problem. the server is correct set. and it doesn't change.