opera.mail+news

Re: How to rearrange the sequence of filters

Subject: Re: How to rearrange the sequence of filters
From: "Eugene Paskevich"
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 04:06:07 +0200
Newsgroups: opera.mail+news
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 15:42:50 +0200, Rijk van Geijtenbeek <rijk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:19:05 +0100, Eugene Paskevich wrote:

Ok, but what can you, Rijk, advise on the topic about parent/child filters? Is it only for ability to narrow child filters on those mails in parent filters?
Till now I see no other use. :-(

That's right, that's probably the only use. You can created a big nested list of filters if you want, but the mail panel fails to give proper information when unread messages are contained in subfolders. And you can't drag filters around, so it's a hassle to manage a tree of filters when you change your mind.

BTW, note the mmm... "race condition" in marking messages filtered.

For example see my post with subject "Filter problem + 2 wishes".
Pity no one replied it.

Sorry, I was a bit preoccupied those days. See my blog :)
I'm not blaming you, not at all! :-)))

You are right, messages moved to a 'mark as filtered' filter are only hidden from Received after a restart.

Well... Given those two points can you try to start your conversation with developers about the issues? Frankly, these 2 points and blockage of 563 port in form https://xxxx.yyy.zz:563/ are making me to drop Opera for other software like Mozilla while I'm at work. Which is a pity for me. A big one, I was counting on it.

--
Eugene Paskevich             |   *==)-----------   |     Plug me into
eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx        |   -----------(==*   |      The Matrix