opera.mac

Re: Can't remove buttons in toolbar

Subject: Re: Can't remove buttons in toolbar
From: "Ralf Demuth"
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 08:29:41 +0100
Newsgroups: opera.mac
On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 03:31:13 +0100, aaJoe <[email protected]> wrote:

Is there a trick to this in 8.51?  Before I just right clicked, then
clicked "Remove from toolbar" and they were gone forever.  Now, every
time I open the browser my Address Bar is filled with these pointless
buttons for people with Alzheimer's who can't remember commands they've
done thousands of times before. I even closed the browser first but they
were there when I reopened it.  In Preferences I removed them again to
no avail.
Corrupted file permissions perhaps? If Opera can't write to the prefs file
you will see the same toolbars and buttons at every restart. While using
it you will see temporary effects.
--
Regards
Ralf