opera.mac

Re: Version 8.51 - more spinning ball stuff

Subject: Re: Version 8.51 - more spinning ball stuff
From: OmegaJunior
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 01:13:22 +0100
Newsgroups: opera.mac
On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 01:37:52 +0100, aaJoe <[email protected]> wrote:

I'm noticing my Mac (mini with a gig of ram) is freezing a lot with the
ball spinning away, sometimes stopping which means the whole computer
needs to have the power cord yanked from the wall.  Who said this was a
stable OS?  Who said this OS doesn't crash - its the apps that crash?
Well if that were so, I could Force Quit the app and all would return to
normal.  But that is NOT so.  Often when the app freezes the OS is not
far behind.  Toast, VLC, Opera are the worst.  What are your
experiences?  Should I go back to 8.5?  It didn't seem to be this bad.
I'm using 8.51 on a 700Mhz G4 with 512MB Ram. I rarely have Opera
stalling, and when it does, it's trying to either load big web pages or
force larger ( > 40KB) news/mail messages into text format. When it stalls
to do one page, it doesn't respond to any action, including any of the
other open tabs.
I see Opera crashing regularly (3 to 4 times a week), then again I'm using
it all the time. I've never had Opera crash the computer. Then again, I
had my computer crash just once since I bought it 3 years ago.
--
Using Opera 8.5 for Panther