opera.mac

Version 8.51 - more spinning ball stuff

Subject: Version 8.51 - more spinning ball stuff
From: aaJoe
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:37:52 -0600
Newsgroups: opera.mac
I'm noticing my Mac (mini with a gig of ram) is freezing a lot with the
ball spinning away, sometimes stopping which means the whole computer
needs to have the power cord yanked from the wall.  Who said this was a
stable OS?  Who said this OS doesn't crash - its the apps that crash?
Well if that were so, I could Force Quit the app and all would return to
normal.  But that is NOT so.  Often when the app freezes the OS is not
far behind.  Toast, VLC, Opera are the worst.  What are your
experiences?  Should I go back to 8.5?  It didn't seem to be this bad.