opera.linux

Re: Youtube videos: high CPU usage and audio out of sync

Subject: Re: Youtube videos: high CPU usage and audio out of sync
From: "Jonathan A."
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 00:57:00 GMT
Newsgroups: opera.linux
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:53:37 -0400, Bill P
<bill@xxxxxxxx> appears to have said:

> You can always dl and then play the video using flvget  or
> http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php.

Well, that helps. Thanks. I've been digging them out of cache, but
that means waiting for the stream to finish. Direct downloads are
a bit better... even if youtube will hate me for it. :)

> Play using Mplayer or vlc (flv don't seem to work for me in xine
> players - no sound)

I use mplayer 1.0pre8 here to play flv. No problems, except I can't
seek in the files. Have to speed up framerate if I want to "fast
forward." Still better that out of sync flash player, though.

Jonathan

--
Don't just hit reply. Email address is broken. Thank
your friendly neighborhood spammer. Email replies to: