opera.linux

caption? WTF?

Subject: caption? WTF?
From: Frank Steiner
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:45:20 +0200
Newsgroups: opera.linux
Hi,

up to Opera 8.54 the option "Show Address In Caption" could be set to "0"
so that Opera would *only* show the value of the "Title" option
in the title bar. So my title bar used to show "Opera" only and I could
identify it easily in my title bar manager (ctwm window manager).

Now with Opera 9.0, I see the title of the page in the title bar
and my own "Title" value is added behind. With the "Show Address in Caption"
I can only flip between the URL or the title of the page.
But I cannot make Opera show *only* my own Text, i.e., show only "Opera"
in the title bar.

Is there any way to revert to the old behaviour?

I dont have Icons in my title bar manager, so when using Firefox and
Opera I now have two titles which show the first few letters of a
web page title. I can't say which of the minimized programs is Opera
and which is Firefox anymore... This is more than annoying and will
indeed a stopper making me go back to Opera 8 if I can't get around
this :-(

cu,
Frank

--