opera.linux

Re: SuSE 9.2, Opera 8.51 and printing

Subject: Re: SuSE 9.2, Opera 8.51 and printing
From: "David W. Hodgins"
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:31:32 -0500
Newsgroups: opera.linux
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:03:47 -0500, Markus Egg <Markus.Egg@xxxxxx> wrote:

I'm using Opera 8.51 on a SuSE 9.2 Prof. system.
Everythings works fine except printing with Opera. :(

I'm using 9.0tp2, on Mandriva 2006, but I've never had problems getting
opera to print, once I got konqueror and kghostview to print.  The problems
I've had in the past were due to either cups, or gs.  Once I got those sorted
out, opera worked fine.

Probably the problem is, because the printing dialog says
"Host: Unknown location" in the line which is for the
Cups printer? Where can I change that?

I have that too, but opera still prints.  I believe that's for printing
on a remote printer, not a local one.  It defaults to 127.0.0.1, which
you should have defined as localhost, in your /etc/hosts file.

I have not defined a printer program for opera to use, I'm just
letting it use the system/user defaults.

Any other pointers?

You may want to try the technical preview (i.e. alpha test) version,
to see if it works with your system, but I'd check printing a webpage
from konquer and a *.ps file from kghostview first.

Regards, Dave Hodgins