opera.general

Re: "Opera has never been a really good moneymaker."

Subject: Re: "Opera has never been a really good moneymaker."
From: Martin 'Cherry' Kirsch
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:31:31 +0100
Newsgroups: opera.general

gene@xxxxxxxx schrieb:

> I took it that way too.  The subject phrase is why inspite of the fact
> that I love opera, I never thought Opera as a browser name was a good
> marketing choice. Compare it to Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari
> or even Chrome from that angle.

Internet <-> Firefox?
Internet <-> Chrome?
Internet <-> Safari (ok, one could construct a line of thought here)

I don't really care about the name. Opera is Opera, period. You can't
just go, choose a fance new marketing-speech name and throw the whole
brand away.

>From what i see: Opera is not a big company, but imho it doesn't need to
be. They seem to earn enough money to continue their work, even create
lots of innovative features, and make some people happy.

I doubt that Opera (as it is today) would be a better product had it a
different name and a bigger marketshare.

Martin
--

"Awww dude, you shot him in the dick..."