opera.general

Re: rss subscribe button when mail is disabled

Subject: Re: rss subscribe button when mail is disabled
From: "Rijk van Geijtenbeek"
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:48:56 +0100
Newsgroups: opera.general

Op Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:42:14 +0200 schreef Eldersprig <fschiff@xxxxxxxxx>:

I have the built in Opera M2 mail disabled.
When I get to a web page with an RSS, occasionally (if the web site
has it setup like that) after showing the raw RSS xml, there will be a
subscribe button for the feed. Pressing the button gives the error,
"The Opera mail client is disabled. It must be enabled to subscribe to
feeds."

How do I make that button use my RSS reader of choice? (thunderbird or
possibly google/reader)

I am using Opera 9.64

Update to Opera 10, then you will get a list of online feed readers to pick, including Google Reader. It is not possible to subscribe in other locally installed applications. You can also manually copy & paste the address from the address field of the preview into your favorite feed reader of course.

--
                                                     Rijk van Geijtenbeek
                                   Opera Software ASA, Documentation & QA

"The most common way to get usability wrong is to listen to what users
say rather than actually watching what they do." - J.Nielsen