opera.general

Re: Default update frequency for RSS feeds

Subject: Re: Default update frequency for RSS feeds
From: "Wai Yip Tung"
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:43:18 -0700
Newsgroups: opera.general

Every time I add a feed I have to manually update the frequency to 1 day. Why doesn't it allow me to change thre default?

When I have an older version of Opera it grind to a halt every morning when it tries to refresh all 20 feed at the same time. With 9.64 this has become considerably better.

Wai Yip

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:04:49 +0200, Rijk van Geijtenbeek wrote:

Nope, the default can't be changed. I'm not quite sure why one would
want '0', but it would certainly be nice to have the option to change
the default.

I can't answer for the original poster, but when I was on dial-up I
wouldn't have wanted Opera to try to open an Internet connection when I
first ran it simply because it was time to update the RSS feeds.  (By
the same token, I have Opera set to open with a blank tab.)

Also, when I tried using Opera for RSS, I found that the RSS/mail/news
functions slowed Opera down considerably, and I wouldn't want Opera
slowing down due to automatic RSS updating.  Better to choose for myself
when I want to update the feeds.

What Opera's RSS reader really needs is a button to update all RSS
feeds, which wasn't there the last time I tried Opera for RSS.  (I'll
admit that was some time ago, and things may have changed.)