opera.general

Re: Delete Private Data

Subject: Re: Delete Private Data
From: "Rijk van Geijtenbeek"
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 02:38:37 +0200
Newsgroups: opera.general

Op Tue, 01 Jul 2008 22:51:42 +0200 schreef ASCII <f@xxxx>:

Rijk van Geijtenbeek wrote:
Op Tue, 01 Jul 2008 21:55:30 +0200 schreef ASCII <f@xxxx>:

When I use the 'security' purge, and I generally do it with
[alt+T,+D][enter], I get an indication of modem activity.
It doesn't matter if I go through the keyboard shortcuts or the discreet
Tools menu drop down, there's always something that goes through the
modem. Do I need to fire up a packet sniffer or can someone tell me
what's being sent and why? I have now taken to disabling my LAN prior to
this, but am wondering why there should be anything going out.

No clue, so I suggest starting up Wireshark.

Thanks, I only remember ethereal, haven't kept up lately.
Just got the install.exe and will get back with whatever I find.
I don't remember if this activity was present prior to the addition of
the CNN video codec for Turner, I have an image prior to its addition
and will revisit to confirm my suspicions.

Oh wait, I have a clue... Opera might redownload the default search icons after using DPD.

--
                                                     Rijk van Geijtenbeek
                                   Opera Software ASA, Documentation & QA

"The most common way to get usability wrong is to listen to what users
say rather than actually watching what they do." - J.Nielsen